> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Education Law > Son has ADHD and is being bullied at school. Can we press the township to pay for a private school

Son has ADHD and is being bullied at school. Can we press the township to pay for a private school

1 Answers. Asked on May 11th, 2017 on Education Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 13th, 2017 at 5:25 AM

There's really not enough information to answer.  Private school or an out of district placement only really occurs when the district cannot provide a free and appropriate public education within the district.  In many cases, there may be another school within the district that could accomodate your son.  For example, if there is more than one lementary school, he could be transferred to a different school within the district, but not the one he should be attending.  Having ADHD is difficult, and getting bullied is awful, but that's usually something the District is going to address "in house".  

Report Abuse
Education Law
For many families, their first introduction to the legal system comes as they try to protect and enforce the rights of their children to obtain an education. An education law attorney will have experience with a host of school-related legal issues, including the education rights of special-needs children, freedom of speech issues, anti-bullying and harassment statutes, and student discipline issues. Lawyers and law firms that practice education law will also work with teachers and schools, including colleges and universities.
Have an Education Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums