should i get a lawyer at this point?

Asked on May 25th, 2017 on Education Law - New York
More details to this question:
My 7 year old came home last week with 3 bruises on his arm. he stated the teacher grabbed his arm to sit him down. i have spoke to the principal and went to the school district office. They stated they started an investigation, but have not asked my son or myself anything.
Answered on May 27th, 2017 at 2:56 AM
In order to preserve your legal rights you must serve a notice of claim on the school district within 90 days of the incident. You can then investigate whether this was a one-time incident or whether the teacher has a pattern of abusive behavior. You might have a case. If you do the lawsuit needs to be filed within one year and 90 days of the incident.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters