my child has dyslexia

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 17th, 2017 on Education Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
we would like him to go to a neighboring school that does accept out of district students and we would pay tuition. However, we are concerned that they may not want to take him when they know they will need to spend extra money as a child who will be in need of additional services. what are our rights?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 15th, 2017 at 7:05 AM

If you send a child to a public school, but pay for that school as an out of district placement, then the school is treated as a 'private school".  The school does not have to provide special services for your child. You should discuss all of this with the adminisntration before agreeing to send your child there.  

Report Abuse
Education Law
For many families, their first introduction to the legal system comes as they try to protect and enforce the rights of their children to obtain an education. An education law attorney will have experience with a host of school-related legal issues, including the education rights of special-needs children, freedom of speech issues, anti-bullying and harassment statutes, and student discipline issues. Lawyers and law firms that practice education law will also work with teachers and schools, including colleges and universities.
Have an Education Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums