I graduated HS in 2000 and received my diploma, which I only have a copy. But lost a job cause I wasn't graduated out the

Asked on May 22nd, 2017 on Education Law - New York
More details to this question:
I graduated and recieved my diploma back in 2000 but when I the job that I had gotten called to verify that I graduated it showed that I was never graduated out the system. I had a job for 2 years but was offered a better one in a hospital and was that they wanted me to start right away. With everything else cleared I gave my two week notice so I could start whenever needed. To my surprise this happened and by the time the district gave the job the ok the position was taken being that it been about 2 months.I Still I haven't been graduated out the system and now I'm jobless with four kids.. please help!!
Answered on May 29th, 2017 at 6:53 AM
You may have an action against the school for negligence, but if it was a public school you had 90 days from the date the school first told your prospective employer you had no diploma to serve a notice of claim on the school district. If this happened more than 90 days ago and no notice of claim was served on the school district, the case is barred by the statute of limitations. 

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters