College & University Law

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Education Law Case From a Local Attorney

Recent Articles
Diploma Mills Shortchange Everyone
Diploma mills sell counterfeit degrees from real, accredited colleges. Degree mills are similar, but they sell degrees from institutions that don't even exist. The terms are often used interchangeably, but the bottom line is the same. People who have not earned degrees can buy phony ones to get better-paying ... Read more

There Are Many (Legal) Ways to Pay For Your Education
For purposes of paying for school, federal law classifies all college students as either dependent on, or independent of, their parents. An independent student is one who is older than 24, married, or who has dependents. Other qualifications include being in graduate school or a veteran of the U.S. military. ... Read more

No Ifs, Ands or Buts: Hazing Is Illegal
In many college fraternities and sororities, and other organizations, hazing is a rite of passage. However, hazing is against the law. In legal terms, hazing is the abuse a student must endure to gain admittance to an organization. It includes not only physical harm, such as beating or whipping, but ... Read more

The Fundamentals of Online College - and Other - Degrees
The ability to get a college degree online, also called distance learning, can be a great advantage for busy, working students who don't have time to sit in a classroom during regularly scheduled hours. More and more colleges and universities offer online degrees, but not all distance learning institutions ... Read more

Things to Consider When Selecting a College or University
Students who are preparing to apply for college have an overwhelming number of schools to choose from. In addition to academics, students may also consider the differences between public colleges, private for-profit colleges, and private non-profit colleges. For students on a budget, the notable difference ... Read more

State *
* State is Required.

Education Law Firms in Ashburn, VA  change location

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Education Law Questions

Filter by

The school district must provide meaningful education.  you can make a demand that the child be evaluated and classified, and if the school refuses to do that, and you have private evaluations th ...Read more

You need to file a complaint with the school about what is occuring.    I would contact the NCAA directly: National Office The National Collegiate Athletic Association 700 W. Washin ...Read more

Many school systems send these types of letters out automatically becuase they take attendance very seriously.  Speak directly to the principal of your son's school and get something in writing t ...Read more

See more Education Law Questions

Tax Time Q&A: Can the IRS Seize My Tax Refund to Apply Toward My Student Loan Debt?

Early February is the time of year when Punxatawney Phil sees his shadow, men panic about what to buy their betrothed for Valentine’s Day, and the go-getters get their tax retur ... Read more

Education Law Blog Ben Light Callagy Law Share Button TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusPinterestLinkedinTumblrStumbleUponDiggRedditDeliciousEmail A closer look into the world of education law. The followi

Original Post: The Effect of the 2012 Amendment The following article was writte ... Read more

Upcoming Shortage of Physicians | Callagy Law

Original Post: Difficulties Facing the American Healthcare System – What You Need To Know! The purpose ... Read more

Education Law Blog | Callagy Law

Original Post: A closer look into the world of education law. The following article was written by Ben Light, Partner at Ca ... Read more

Starting the Year with Spirit and Cheer!

In a couple of weeks, throngs of spirited teens will converge upon the University of Texas at Arlington for the University Interscholastic League’s inaugural Texas State Spirit Championship. ... Read more

See more  (990 Blogs on Education Law)

Need Professional Help?

Get a free Education Law case evaluation by an attorney in your area