> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Education Law > How can an IEP determination be reversed?

How can an IEP determination be reversed?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 21st, 2017 on Education Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:56 AM

I'm not sure if you want the classificiation over turned, or you want changes to the IEP.  If you don't want your child classified, then you need to start with the supervisor of special education.  If there is a problem with the IEP, start with your case manager.  Discuss the problem with the IEP, and see if you can come to a resolution.  If you cannot, you can apply to the Court for Due Process.  Look up the book of parents' rights known as "Free and Appropriate Public Education".  Good luck to you. 

Report Abuse
Education Law
For many families, their first introduction to the legal system comes as they try to protect and enforce the rights of their children to obtain an education. An education law attorney will have experience with a host of school-related legal issues, including the education rights of special-needs children, freedom of speech issues, anti-bullying and harassment statutes, and student discipline issues. Lawyers and law firms that practice education law will also work with teachers and schools, including colleges and universities.
Have an Education Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

255 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

194 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

148 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 38 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

76 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Education Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums