> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Education Law > Can I sue the State of New Jersey for putting my son on Home Instruction and not sending him a teacher as of yet since 9/10/2013?

Can I sue the State of New Jersey for putting my son on Home Instruction and not sending him a teacher as of yet since 9/10/2013?

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 24th, 2013 on Education Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
My son was put on home instruction due to me not having money to pay for a in patient program which was recommended by a recoving addict whom i may add is not licensed to do so.My son is not to go back to school says the drug counseler from his school until he complies but i cant afford what they are asking of me. He was also told that he would be arrested if he came back to school and was escourted out of the school with police officers. I need help and no one from the board of ED or the school will listen to me. They just keep telling me that the principle nor the vice principle can do anything and that the drug counselers make the rules and they are just there to enforce them. Please help me my son needs his education too.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:14 AM

You cannot sue the state of New Jersey - but you can sue your child's school district.  go to this website, and you will find all of the information you need :

Report Abuse
Education Law
For many families, their first introduction to the legal system comes as they try to protect and enforce the rights of their children to obtain an education. An education law attorney will have experience with a host of school-related legal issues, including the education rights of special-needs children, freedom of speech issues, anti-bullying and harassment statutes, and student discipline issues. Lawyers and law firms that practice education law will also work with teachers and schools, including colleges and universities.
Have an Education Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

306 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

141 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

114 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

93 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Education Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums